When John Burgess published a recent post on Crossroads Arabia titled “Happy Saudis!” I was like “Huh!” The post links to a chart from a study conducted by the World Values Survey based at the University of Michigan Institute for Social Research which states that Saudi Arabia is the 26th happiest country in the world. “It’s widely believed that it’s almost impossible to raise an entire country’s happiness level,” says Ronald Inglehart, political scientist at U-M and the director of the World Values Surveys.
The “surprising finding” has prompted me to think what possibly could be the reasons behind the overwhelmingly positive attitude of my countrymen…
- Because human rights are respected and any violation of these rights is not tolerated.
- Because the government is transparent and accountable.
- Because the inflation rate is above 10 percent.
- Because only 22 percent of Saudis own a home.
- Because our public healthcare services are awesome.
- Because our education system is mass-producing geniuses.
See? The list is endless!
How about you fellow citizens? Why are you so goddamn happy?
الموضوع من مدونة (SaudiJeans) و تجدونه على هذا الرابط